Modern Caribbean Cuisine takes us on a gastronomic reverie - a food fusion experience of
- mouthwatering snacks and appetizers
- spicy and hearty soups --
- a wide variety of attractive salads
- exciting ways of preparing local seafood
- spectacularly exotic desserts
- scrumptious cake and bread recipes
Fusion has long been a feature of Caribbean cuisine: traditional recipes represent a rich inheritance from African, Indian, and European ancestors.
Each section of the book features a range of easy-to-follow recipes, illustrated with enticing photography by Michael Bonaparte, and is introduced with a useful short discussion of the role and importance of the various ingredients and their place in Caribbean kitchens.